Tax season can be confusing and stressful, not everyone has the time or knowledge to organize their taxes themselves. At Hylen, we offer tax services that can make filing your taxes quick and easy. Keep reading to learn tips and important information to help you file your 2022 taxes right!
- Gather Required Forms: Getting the required forms together (W-2s, 1099s, 1098s, K-1s, health care tax forms, etc.) will make the filing process much smoother
- Start Early: Starting early goes hand in hand with the previous tip. Making sure everything is sorted before filing takes away some stress we all know the process can be… taxing.
- File and Pay On Time: If you don’t file and pay your taxes on time you risk serious punishment. If necessary the IRS can take your assets.
- Claim Unemployment Benefits: Even if you only received a couple of checks and paid taxes on your unemployment benefits, those earnings must be reported on your return.
- Simplify the Process: reduce confusion and ensure accuracy by turning to a tax professional.
- Payment Due Date: Remember, just because you may have received an extension for your tax return filing to October 16, 2023, the deadline for paying your taxes is still April 18, 2023
January 16, 2023: 4th Quarter 2022 estimated taxes due
January 31, 2023: For individuals, due date for employers to send W-2 forms & 1099 forms are sent. For businesses, send W-2 and 1099 forms to employees
March 15, 2023: For business types – partnerships, multi-member LLCs, and S-Corporations – taxes are due
March 31, 2023: Deadline for submitting personal tax information to Hylen without having to go on extension
April 18, 2023: Tax Day for individuals and C- Corporations. For individuals, this is the deadline to file 4868 and to request an extension. Also, first quarter of 2023 estimated tax payment due
September 15, 2023: Extended partnership and S-corporation tax returns due
October 16, 2023: For individuals and C- Corporations, if you received an extension for your tax returns, this is the due date for your 2022 taxes
Hylen offers affordable tax services for individuals and corporations. We prepare taxes quickly and painlessly, and will ensure you receive all the deductions you’re entitled to.